Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Another home run for the kingdom!


Elijah asked me today, during a time-out, "Does God die?" This sparked a great conversation about God and Jesus and how God doesn't die, but he sent his son Jesus to die for us and then He rose again on the third day and is alive and with God in heaven. I explained about how this forgives all of the bad things we do called sin. I also explained that when we believe this and ask Jesus into our hearts to live with us now and forever, we get to be with Jesus in heaven. He got a particular smile on his face at this point. I asked him if he would like to ask Jesus into his heart to live there forever. He said, with much enthusiasm, "Yes!" So, we prayed the prayer together and then he had a smile on his face that he just couldn't wipe away. I have had the blessed honor of praying this prayer with two of my children and it humbles me and makes me cry. Thank you Lord for loving us!

1 comment:

Basking in the Son said...

I rejoice with you and the angels!!!!!